We are delighted to share the exciting news that the National Rural Network (NRN) is undergoing a transition to become CAP Network Ireland, tasked with supporting the implementation of Ireland’s CAP Strategic Plan (CSP) for the period 2023-2027.
More details are available at www.capnetworkireland.eu and we invite you to come and meet our team at the Department of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine Marque at the National Ploughing Championships, 19th-21st September.
Irish Rural Link (IRL) successfully led a consortia to deliver on the previous National CAP Network (NRN) and we are delighted to continue this role going forward in partnership with a new consortia comprised of ERINN Innovation and Munster Technological University (MTU). The complimentary expertise of the consortium partners will enable us to provide a range of supports to all stakeholders and deliver on the expected outcomes of CAP Network Ireland.
CAP Network Ireland has the following objectives:
- Increase the involvement of all relevant stakeholders in the implementation of the CAP Strategic Plan (CSP) and, where relevant, in its design.
- Accompany the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) in the implementation of the CSP and the transition to a performance-based delivery model.
- Enhance the quality of implementation of the CSP.
- Disseminate information about the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and suitable funding opportunities and collaborative initiatives to the public and potential beneficiaries.
- Foster innovation in agriculture and rural development and support peer-to-peer learning and the inclusion of, and the interaction between, all stakeholders in the knowledge-exchange and knowledge-building process.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation capacity and activities.
- Participate in the dissemination of CSP results.
- Participate in, and contribute to, the activities of the European CAP network.
Over the coming weeks we will begin the process of transitioning to the NEW CAP Network, ahead of our new full website launching in September. Throughout this transition, our publications and social media channels will continue to provide up-to-date information to help maximise the beneficial outcomes of Ireland’s Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 for rural stakeholders.
Please come and say hello to the new team and learn more about CAP Network Ireland at the National Ploughing Championships this September. Our stand will be in the Department of Agriculture, Food, and the Marine Marque.